Tuesday, May 17, 2016

No Honor Roll

I was helping Alison with some of her homework tonight, Language Arts, when I learned something.  Apparently, if you get more than one "B" you don't make the honor roll.  Right now, Alison has two "B's", in Language Arts and Math,  She is concentrating on her math grade because she has pretty much given up on getting more than a "B" in Language.  She thinks that her teacher just doesn't give out "A's", since no one else that she is aware of in her class is getting an A from this particular teacher.  Personally, after reading some of Ali's papers, I'd give them all "D's" if that is how he teaches everyone to write.  I think the way they are being taught is just terrible.  

But back to math...  I am going to do my best to help her understand algebra.  She is graphing lines right now and putting equations into slope-intercept form.  Piece of cake, right?!  I think that she should be able to get her math grade back up, she just needs to put in the work.

0 comments: