Monday, May 16, 2016

"Over My Head"

We got Sarah's car back today.  And I almost strangled my daughter when I was going over what happened with it and how it was fixed.  I wanted her to actually understand what she did and why she needs to be careful when she drives, and listen to things (like the engine running) or the importance of being able to see when you drive a 4000 lb. chunk of metal (who would have ever guessed that?).  So when I started to explain how a transmission works, and how lucky she was that it wasn't ruined, I got "I don't know why you're telling me this.  I'll never remember it, and I really don't care".  I WANTED TO JUST THROTTLE HER!!!! (No pun intended).

So I did the next best thing and just put some restrictions on her driving privileges for the time being.  It's not a whole lot, since she still needs her car to get to work and school.  But at least she won't be taking it for a while to go and screw off with a bunch of her friends where she tries to be "cool" and ends up being reckless.


0 comments: