Monday, May 30, 2016

Time to Paint!

I finally finished re-laying the patio bricks and getting the landscaping/wall bricks in place.  I still need to caulk the landscaping bricks in place, but other than that, the patio is done.  It only took me a week and a half (and I had planned maybe a whole weekend).  Now the next item on the to-do list before Sarah's graduation is to repaint the patio furniture.  I had done it a couple of years ago, but I noticed that just about every chair had some sort of flaking of the paint going on (and some even had a load of rust starting on the chair bases.  

The last time i did it I took all everything apart (seat, backs, bases) and painted everything separately with spray paint.  I think I should be able to repaint the table with spray paint, but the chairs I am going to try with foam brushes without taking them apart.  I am hoping this will only take a couple of days total so I can get everything put back out before the school year is done.  I want to be able to relax the last few days and maybe see what I can help Kris with before Sarah's party so we aren't rushing around a couple of hours before the graduation ceremony.

0 comments: